OCR

Perhaps there is a very easy solution and I am simply missing something (at least I hope so).

Invariably, we have customers that come in with forms/menus/documents that they want edited and reproduced, but do not have it on file anymore.

Although I am I relatively quick typist OCR appeals to me in more that one way (it is still faster, and arguably more accurate e.g., word omissions and such).

Anyways, my issue is importing OCR scans into (or exporting to) Corel Draw. We have been using ABBYY Fine Reader v9.0 (tried 10 but it gave me a few problems).

Saving scans to a PDF never seems to work well, because Corel seems to be incapable of importing PDFs without screwing things up, regardless of whether I import text as "text" or "curves," the general formatting causes the file(s) to be worthless due to widespread the amout of reformatting necessary.

Creating a M$Word document poses serious import issues with Corel Draw as well (although if copy/pasted in small sections into Corel can work on smaller jobs).

And of course, less sophisticated formats (e.g., rich text format) do not help as far as formatting goes.

My Question:

Is there a program/macro/setting that will create a Corel Draw ready OCR scan when I do not have to reformat just about everything?

Thank you.

Nick