Sketching in CorelDraw X4 with Tablet. Last object created is "Selected" Can this be changed?

I just got a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with the intent of using CorelDraw X4 as my main vector drawing software.  I have used Corel Draw for years.  (not interested in upgrading to newer, necessarily)

While sketching in CorelDraw with a stylus using the "Freehand Pen" or "Artistic Brush" after drawing a shape and lifting the pen, that last object that was created is automatically "Selected" and the "black selection handles" interfere with drawing another object if it is in close proximity to those handles.  This creates a problem, as the pen wants to grab a handle and then as drawing, it will resize the last object.  

This is a major problem when trying to freehand sketch as every other time I put the pen down to draw it messes with the experience.

Is there any way to Not have the last object selected?  I have searched but seems that I am the only one with this problem.

In Adobe Illustrator CS6, using their pen tool, after drawing it will show the nodes But Does Not have a perimeter selection "box with black squares" to interfere.  So I am trying to find the equivalent in CorelDraw for that.

Please advise. Thx.