Corel x6 and corel x4

Hi everyone.  I was wondering if, I designed something on corel x4, will I be able to open it in corel x6? I have x4, and the shop where I design has corel x6. I would like to start designing from home,  and bring the files into work.

• Yes, you should be able to open CGS files generated on X4, with X6.
    Just note that if you want to open X6 files in X4, that you have to use 'Save as...' selection and in the dialog, select Version 14 to save as an X4 file.
  • Hello RoswellWitness: X4 is 4 years older but SHOULD open in X6 OK. But X7 is a LOT better.

George
  • First are both versions fully updated? Second is Windows updated on both systems?

You need to understand that there are a world of differences between X4 and X6, transparent effects, fountain fills, spot color handling, text, color management to mention a few.

Unless you're very skilled in the knowledge of the difference between these two applications I would not. IMO with complex designs you'd be shooting yourself in the foot .The shops X6 license can be loaded on 3 systems a long as it is run one t a time, I'd talk to the boss about taking it home and loading it up.