Can't save CorelPhotoPaint X4 files as JPG,PNG!!

Hello,

I'm trying to save a file as jpg or png but I can't because they are missing in the "Save as" menu.
I'm using a registered version of X4 and tried to upgrade to X5. But X5 had some serious bug in their palette and I decided I better go back to X4.
Before I upgraded to X5 I had no problem. The issue started after I upgraded.

Please advise how to make the png, jpg files work.

Thank you!!!

• Have you tried resetting your workspace to factory defaults? (Press and hold down the F8 key while starting Corel PhotoPaint and answer "Yes" to resetting to factory defaults.)

Also, if you go to the menu: Tools->Settings->Workspace->Customization->Commands and then from the drop-down box choose "File" and then you will find in the group of commands and their icons, click on the Save As... Then to the right of that, click on the Shortcut Keys tab and from here you can assign a short key combo. (DRAW uses Ctrl+Shift+S, so you may want to make this the same.)

• Tis is usually because the file being saved is not a valid colour type for those formats (usually 16 or 48 bit for example, or L*a*b in some cases).

On 8/27/10 2:27 PM, Ema wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to save a file as jpg or png but I can't because they are missing in the "Save as" menu.
    I'm using a registered version of X4 and tried to upgrade to X5. But X5 had some serious bug in their palette and I decided I better go back to X4.
    Before I upgraded to X5 I had no problem. The issue started after I upgraded.

Please advise how to make the png, jpg files work.

Thank you!!!

http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/p/21731/96426.aspx#96426

-- 
    Paul McGee
    St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
  • Ema said:
    I'm trying to save a file as jpg or png but I can't because they are missing in the "Save as" menu

Some file format has some limitations. For example, JPG file format doesn't allows to use layers (objects), transparent background, or Alpha channel. If your file has one of those items, you can't save as JPG (it's not a problem with PhotoPaint, also you can't do it with Photoshop or other software). So, the problem is relative to the content of the file, more than the program itself. Surely you can save as CPT or TIF, in that case you must check the content of your file.

Ema said:
    I'm using a registered version of X4 and tried to upgrade to X5. But X5 had some serious bug in their palette and I decided I better go back to X4

Can you explain the problem you have with the palettes of X5? regardless the changes on the color manager, and the newest Pantone colors, all the rest must works in the same way than X4