Sized images not sized! Help!

Hi please help. I need labels of 50mmx20mm and I resize my tiff image and then paste onto an A4 page intending to copy paste until page is full.

1.Problem is if i use the ruler it shows that my image is only about 40mm wide even though the size boxes at the top clearly say it is 50mm?!!! see image

2. Is there an automatic way to fill apage with a specified sized image eg labels as the Impostion tab maxes out at 4x4(16up)?

Thank you!!

• Not sure what's going on with the size issue you describe but as for the following:

soulsmile said:
    Is there an automatic way to fill apage with a specified sized image eg labels as the Impostion tab maxes out at 4x4(16up)?

You can do it in Draw which has label options ( Tools -> Options -> Document -> Labels ) you can choose from presets or customize your own.

Hope it helps

• Soulsmile

In Photo Paint - File – Print Preview – Imposition Layout tool & set up pages across/down as required.

Or as suggested by Andrew – import tiff picture into Corel Draw and use label option.

Best regards,

Mek

• Another way.

Since you are using a "Not For Commercial Use" Corel product, I will assume the labels are for your gym shorts.

Set your page size as your label size (50mm x 20mm). Work you magic fitting you Tif to fit the page size. Then under print preview make sure you print size is set to A4 (or what ever you are using in the printer) and then use the imposition tool to set you number labels across and up.

kaplunk.cdr
  • soulsmile said:
    the Impostion tab maxes out at 4x4(16up)?

It doesn't normally do that. What you may have done is to choose a printer paper size that is too small. If you do that, each imposed page will be scaled down to fit within the margins of your page size.

You need to select a larger page size, or possibly define a custom page size that's at least the combined width and height of your impositions including gutters and margins, and possibly more if you also want cropmarks that may be longer than your margin.

Also, note that in some operations (tiling to multiple sheets is one of them but I'm not sure about imposition) corelDraw reserves space for cropmarks (about 12mm) even when cropmarks are not to be printed.