How do you use the Replace Colors function??

I thought it would be easy, but it doesn't seem to work as I expect. maybe my expectations are wrong...

I have a very simple image, 32-bit CMYK which is just black & white. I want to change all the black to Cyan. Should be easy, I just use rectangle mask to mark out the area I want then go to "Adjust->Replace Colors..." and it comes up with a dialog. So far so good.

I use the color picker to select black as the source I want to change, then I choose the color to change to, either with color picker or manually mixing it to pure Cyan. The colour does change, to something blue-ish or cyan-ish, but not what I specified. Same deal if I try with Magenta. It's close, but not quite.

If I just fill with Cyan, it does indeed come out the right color.

Is there any tutorial on how this is supposed to be used?

Parents
No Data
  • IBall said:
    The colour does change, to something blue-ish or cyan-ish, but not what I specified.

It sounds to me as if your colour management settings are having an unwanted effect here.

I'm testing it here with colour management off and I am getting pure cyan. But I'm using X4, which might not work completely the same as X5.

Children