link image to website / x5 - CorelDRAW X5 - CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 - CorelDRAW Community
  • Not Answered

link image to website / x5

hi,

i´d like to ask you how to create link image to website in jpg/png with coreldraw or photopaint

it´s a favor for a friend.

thanks!

george

note: if this problem is solved in this / see below, please let me know.

so i can save your expensive time:-)

cheers!

note: somethimes a strange thing happens, when i move vector graphic with arrows. it vanishes immediately, so i have to go back to make the graphic visible.

[edited by: jadeoasis at 13:32 (GMT -5) on Mon, Aug 22 2011]

14 Replies

• JPG and PNG file formats don't supported an embedded link. That is done with HTML code.

• In reply to FosterCoburn:

hi foster,

thanks for an answer.

sorry, maybe i didn´t explain it clearly enough, i like to make a picture, so when you click on it, it opens some particular website.

cheers!

[edited by: jadeoasis at 15:08 (GMT -5) on Mon, Aug 22 2011]
  • In reply to jadeoasis:

Where do you wish to put this picture?

• jadeoasis
    when i move vector graphic with arrows. it vanishes immediately, so i have to go back to make the graphic visible.

Maybe you have "interruptible refresh" on, and your next arrow key is interrupting the display ?

You can check it at Tools > Options > Workspace > Display.

• In reply to harryLondon:

to a personal blog, it would be like a static banner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

note: you´re right , there is an interruptible refresh allowed. is it wrong?

it does that strange effect just from time to time:-(

[edited by: jadeoasis at 15:26 (GMT -5) on Mon, Aug 22 2011]
  • In reply to jadeoasis:

The program you are using to put your images in the blog is the only thing that can assign a link to the image.

so, it means if i can use a picture as connection to any http site, it can be written only in code?

i thought it can be easily done in coreldraw, just pick up any text or a picture.

come on, corel is strong enough to solve this trivial problem:-)

cheers!

• In reply to jadeoasis:

They're telling you the truth. Wink

Besides, just about any blog software I can think of has a way of designating a banner image and takes care of the link for you.

• In reply to jadeoasis:

No, "Corel" can't fix this problem. The file formats don't support an embedded link. End of story, nothing Corel, Adobe or any other graphics software company can do about it.

To add a link, just create the HTML code linking to wherever you want and wrap it around the code loading the image on the Web page.

• In reply to FosterCoburn:

Try right clicking on the image in the program that you write your blog, and look for an option like "add link", "URL", "anchor" or properties.

It has got to be there somewhere.

hi harryLondon,

thanks for your valuable tip.

i prefer learning from practical experiences, rather than listening just facts:-)

note:sorry i didn´t mentioned, the blog is situated on ning.com, where you can actually upload your banner/image and so on.

cheers!

[edited by: jadeoasis at 7:57 (GMT -5) on Tue, Aug 23 2011]
  • In reply to jadeoasis:

jadeoasis
    i prefer learning from practical experiences, rather than listening just facts:-)

So if you intend to teach the JPG/PNG to upload itself to a website, you're gonna have a hard time. Wink

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself" (Eleanor Roosevelt).

[edited by: Ronny Axelsson at 11:00 (GMT -5) on Tue, Aug 23 2011]
  • jadeoasis
    when i move vector graphic with arrows. it vanishes immediately, so i have to go back to make the graphic visible.

May be a video card issue. Are your video drivers up to date?
    Are the three service packs applied to Draw?
    Do you by any chance have a Logitech mouse?

• In reply to jadeoasis:

You can use X5 to create a HTML page directly from Draw graphics inside of CorelDraw. Including links from roll overs. Not sure about slicing a image, but with CD you really wouldn't seem to need to as you can group elements and turn them into hotspots.Under type for the export you have a wide range of JPG, GIF, PNG to choose from. Then you could just FTP the resulting files and your done.

If anyone is interested in more let me know.

Steve E.