CorelDraw X5 Customer is in a Print Shop all of her colors have changed.

A business card ran 3 months ago that was light blue now prints purple even though the color is right on the monitor. I loaded X7 on my laptop same file prints purple if I play with the color settings in CorelDraw I can make it blue but not the same shade. The fiery and machine are calibrated properly pdf's NOT created (published) by CorelDraw are fine color is right. The customer performed F8 on her machine no luck. I want to know what the color settings in CorelDraw X5 should be to get your output to look close to what you see on the monitor, and also I know they had to have created a default color profile in CorelDraw but just do not realize they did because they said they changed nothing and it is doing this on all jobs. Is there a place that default color profiles would be stored that I could recall and use even after the customer has done F8? If so please advise Thank you in Advance..

Steve

• Not sure if this is the right answer or not, but...I work in a sign shop and a common problem we have with colours changing, not only from Corel files but adobe programs as well, is that in our rip software for printing it only reads CMYK so it adjusts the colours to that. If you are using RGB or Pantone colours they will need to be corrected in the rip software by going to colour correction and changing the CMYK numbers to match the correct RGB/Pantone colours from the file. This is something that a sign shop should know if they deal regularly with designer files? At least it is something we are aware of and make a conscious effort to double check before we print.
    Alternatively, if you are looking for the original colour could you not open a JPEG or PDF and use your eyedropper tool to sample the correct colour?
    Sounds like it is a printer issue and not on your end if "it is doing this on all jobs". Perhaps try a different printer and see if you get a better result?
  • Not sure if this is the right answer or not, but...I work in a sign shop and a common problem we have with colours changing, not only from Corel files but adobe programs as well, is that in our rip software for printing it only reads CMYK so it adjusts the colours to that. If you are using RGB or Pantone colours they will need to be corrected in the rip software by going to colour correction and changing the CMYK numbers to match the correct RGB/Pantone colours from the file. This is something that a sign shop should know if they deal regularly with designer files? At least it is something we are aware of and make a conscious effort to double check before we print.
    Alternatively, if you are looking for the original colour could you not open a JPEG or PDF and use your eyedropper tool to sample the correct colour?
    Sounds like it is a printer issue and not on your end if "it is doing this on all jobs". Perhaps try a different printer and see if you get a better result?
  • I'm betting the first file had no embedded profiles and the second one did.