how do i use corel x5 with a vinyl cutter

how do i use corel x5 with a vinyl cutter

• Generally, you do the designs in Draw and send them to cutting software like Sure Cuts Alot, SignCut Pro, or Flexi, among many others.

I believe, at one point there were some cutters that had print drivers one could send a cut job directly from Draw. I never trusted this type of arrangement as dedicated cutting software has more options and finer control over the cutter. It is also a bad mental habit to correlate "Cutting" to "Printing" as they are different animals.

I went from X4 to X6, then X7, skipping X5.  Maybe someone else could guide you to the printer driver method in X5.  It would likely help if you stated the make and model of the cutter you plan to use.

• Hello beee; You have not said what you are trying to cut with. or what OS you are trying to use. Ver. 5 is not to old, and you should be able to cut vinyl with the that ver. I have been using CorelDRAW for graphic for cutting since 1990, and still am ( only newer ver. ) To make money cutting vinyl and making signs you should look at what you have to work with....... I'm using X7 and SignLab 9.1 now to do my cutting. But that doesn't mean you can't make money with older programs Tell us what you have and we'll try to help you. Just remember that you CAN'T import some of the newer files with old software. And feel free to email me if you want, there are so many that cut vinyl that com here, You might get something you like better here.......

George ( george@vasigns.net )
  • You need some kind of cutting software or at least a cutter driver.
    Some brands are sold together with a small cutting software. What kind of cutter do you use?
    I have a Mimaki cutter myself and it comes with FineCut, an addon built to work directly from Draw.