Dynamic dimensions change everywhere when you change scale in X7

Can anyone tell me how to  stop dynamic dimensions changing on every item in a document when you change the scale in X7. I have just upgraded from X5. In X5 you can set the scale, add dynamic dimensions to an object then change the scale and add other dynamic dimensions to a different object . The first dimensions don't update unless you do something to edit the object. This allows you to have more than one scale on the same page. This is very useful, for example if you want to have an enlarged detail on the same page as the main item (which is at a smaller scale). Now, X7 every time I change scale it changes every dynamic dimension across every item on every page of the document. This is a complete pain! Yes, I know I can switch off dynamic dimensions (even after setting them), but this is a poor work  around. Keeping the dimensions dynamic is often useful when you want to make later changes. I am spending hours of extra time fiddling about with this - it just worked before. Is there a simple setting change I can make?

• Sounds to me like they have fixed a bug that existed in X5. ;-)
    Doing what you do must be very rare, and I guess current behavior is both logical and expected by most users.

Anyway, the only way that I can think of is to disable "Dynamic dimensioning".
    You can always enable again later if you need to update the dimensions.