Pressure-sensitive pen

TWO QUESTIONS: 1: Does the pressure-sensitive application in Artistic Media actually reproduce a real pressure-sensitive line or does it transform it in a fixed brushstroke? 2: Is Corel draw only compatible with Wacom pressure-sensitive pens and tablets? If I try to use my Parblo pad and pen under the Pressure-sensitive application on Artistic Media, it doesn't draw a pressure-sensitive line. It works fine with Windows Paint. I've tried everything Corel support suggested but no luck. Configuring, changing interface, everything. The icon itself actually says it 'mimics' a pressure sensitive line. Does this mean it transforms the line I actually drew into a fixed brush? Looks like it and in any case, there is no faithful variation in line thickness. I can't seem to get a clear answer on compatibility either from Corel or Parblo support. I only bought the pad and pen in order to achieve a natural line as pretty much everything else I can do with a mouse. I could ditch the Parblo and buy a Wacom but what if it has the same result? I'm just perplexed that it works under something so basic as Paint and not in Corel. Help?