I have a sq and I want to place small holes evenly space all around it is there an easy way to do this? Thanks for any help

I have a  sq and I want to place small holes evenly space all around it is there an easy way to do this? Thanks for any help

• Have you looked at the blend tool? Create a hole (circle) duplicate it and then select both circles and use the blend tool to distribute the holes around your sq(uare?).
  • This is what I would do:

1.  Draw a circle (hold ctrl down while using oval tool).

2. Copy the circle and drag it some distance away.

3. Select both objects and use blend. Change the number of steps (objects) if necessary. Click apply.

4. Tick the box that says 'Blend along full path' for your circles to follow square path or it will clump together.

5. If you are using blend docker for the first time, make sure to click the down arrow to get the extended options of map nodes, new path etc.

NOW Select your objects (circles), click "select new path" and click on the square. Click apply.  

6. At this stage you can use the property bar at the top of page (which is more interactive than the docker which makes you click "apply each time". Adjust the number of circles in your square so that they look just right and meet the corners (18 worked fine for me)

7. At this point you can right click and choose "Break blend apart".

This will make the circles independent of the square and you group all of them (as you will find the begin and end circles are not part of the group.)  

OPTIONAL (7. With all circles grouped they are still in square shape. You can resize using transformation tools; if you are manually resizing by dragging the corner node, be sure to hold shift key down.)

8. Now select the entire thing by clicking and  dragging selector tool/pointer over the squares and circles. You should probably centre it using align tools/shortcuts.

9. You have options in the property bar that became available - Click TRIM. Delete the circles. ("Back Minus Front"  is a better Option actually)

I hope this helps. And please excuse my way of explaining things- from experience I find it better to explain as if the person is new to CorelDraw to avoid explaining later.

Regards,

Safia