3D Rendering in X5 ??

Can you do 3D rendering in X5 or do you need some type of CAD software to do that?

• CorelDRAW is 2D software. With very careful design, you can simulate the look of 3D. But if your goal is 3D, you'll want to find other software. You could use CorelDRAW to draw the objects and then bring them into your 3D software of choice for extruding, rotating and rendering.

• Hi csmajik4

You can simulate but you can not rotate it, change angle etc ... As an a program 3D is only 2D.
    Here are some examples made in CorelDRAW simulating 3D:

[edited by: Jesus Cota at 17:49 (GMT -5) on Mon, Aug 23 2010]
  • In reply to Jesus Cota:

Jesus Cota
    Here are some examples made in CorelDRAW simulating 3D:

Very nice!

I wonder why Corel dropped 3D.. they had licensed  a version of Ray Dream designer at one point (Corel Dream).

Perhaps blender is what users are forced to, for those who only occasionally need 3D today.

Jesus,
    I love your work -- you are so good!!

joan

Jesus Cota wrote:
    > Hi csmajik4
    >
    > You can simulate but you can not rotate it, change angle etc ... As an a
    > program 3D is only 2D.
    > Here are some examples made in CorelDRAW simulating 3D:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/p/21627/96000.aspx#96000
    >

Once again I'm amazed, you make it look so easy .  And so many different style of images.

You inspire me and I thank you.

• I made good experience with Google Sketchup 7. You can export your model as pdf and import it as vectors into CorelDRAW.

And it is damn easy to use!!

• In reply to Jeff Harrison:

Agree. Maybe Corel should think about an import ability for .obj files for CorelDRAW with application-inside scaling and rotating. It is also time to elaborate the current extrude tool to be more versatile; in combination with an effective .obj/.dxf importer it would become interresting for more graphics designers...

• Jeff. Thanks a lot.

joan. It is an honor for me.

Andrew. You're Welcome.

Hi mo, I will test Google sketchup to see how it works.

[edited by: Jesus Cota at 15:54 (GMT -5) on Tue, Aug 24 2010]
  • In reply to mo:

mo

I made good experience with Google Sketchup 7. You can export your model as pdf and import it as vectors into CorelDRAW.

And it is damn easy to use!!

Hi,

these days I am playing with Google SketchUp too.
    I think It is not very good for products modeling, anyway, I am strugling for them.
    "It is damn easy to use!!"

here is mine from SketchUp. It was rendered with V-ray.

[edited by: stusee at 23:42 (GMT -5) on Wed, Aug 25 2010]
  • In reply to stusee:

DUDE, thats amazing! How did you create the organic forms!!?

• In reply to mo:

You guys are AWESOME!!!    I hope to be this good one day.  Thanks for all the tips.

• In reply to csmajik4:

So I am starting to play around with Sketch Up.  How do I get the 3D item into X5 as a vector image I can work with?  I only see a way to export as a bitmap image.

• In reply to stusee:

stusee
    here is mine from SketchUp. It was rendered with V-ray.

Hi, stusee

Excellent work. I have a question ... How you did this modeling in sketchup? , Which I see has no tools for that, or I missed something.

From what I see, is far from blender quality  which is also free. (But is good to have it, is easy to use)

Regards

[edited by: Jesus Cota at 17:35 (GMT -5) on Fri, Aug 27 2010]
  • In reply to csmajik4:

csmajik4

So I am starting to play around with Sketch Up.  How do I get the 3D item into X5 as a vector image I can work with?  I only see a way to export as a bitmap image.

Hi, csmajik

From what I see, stusee and mo, they refer to the commercial version, this allows you to export to various formats and may be wich have more modeling tools. I think.

Could I know what you intend to do, you could upload an image?

Jesus Cota

From what I see, stusee and mo, they refer to the commercial version, this allows you to export to various formats and may be wich have more modeling tools. I think.

Could I know what you intend to do, you could upload an image?

In the free version of Google SketchUp you can only export to collada data or export as an image. BUT you can also PRINT! And there are PDF converters which offer the ability to "Print" into a pdf file instead to a printer. You need a small application for this roundtrip. An external PDF-Converter. I use FreePDF to be able to generate PDFs out of every programm I use.

1. If you have Google Sketchup open, zoom out until your model fits into the screen. (I didn't and regret it)

2. Open the Print dialogue (Ctrl + P).

3. in the Dialogue select your PDF printer in the dropdown of your printer list.

4. Enable "HLR with high precision" and select print quality "Large format". (This will generate the actual vectors you'll need).

5. "Print" to the PDF client.

6. Open CoreDRAW and import the PDF as curves. voila!