Problem Complete Remove Lincese from a Computer of Corel Draw X5 ?

Hello, am using corel draw x5

i am currently giving my PC to my friend and i wanted to remove my license from windows, as i remove Corel Draw from system (including user files & stuff at uninstall option). i can remove corel successfully but cant remove license properly :-/

coz whenever that person is reinstalling corel & giving any serial of his Corel just dont need activation & starts instantly with full privileges.

is there any way to complete activated license removal ? i couldn't found that anywhere on web.

P.S i've checked it myself > uninstalled corel > restarted computer > reinstalled corel > it only requires Serial NOT activation :-(

hope am not doing something wrong coz am just following simple uninstall procedure as a normal user should.

Parents Reply
  • Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

If you are certain that no applications using PSIService are still installed on your system, and this service is still running, you can remove it manually by following these instructions:

1. Remove the following registry entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ProtexisLicensing]

1. Reboot your computer.
    2. Delete the following files:

%windir%\System32\PSIService.exe
    %windir%\System32\PSIKey.exe

Of course, in order to keep applications such as Corel Photo Shop Pro continue running without error, the complete removal instructions cannot be followed. Use the following workaround instead:

1. Open Services (services.msc) in Control Panel’s Administrators Tools.
    2. Locate ProtexisLicensing or Protexis Licensing service. If you are seeing Protexis Licensing V2 service, use the next guide. Stop the service and then set the Startup Type to Disabled.
    3. Bowse to %SystemDrive%\Windows\System32 folder.
    4. Copy original PSIKey.dll to program folder of application that relies on Protexis, e.g. %SystemDrive%\Program Files\Corel\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI\.
    5. Rename PsiClient.dll to PsiClient.bak, or simply delete it.
    6. Rename PSIKey.dll to PsiClient.dll
    7. Rename PSIService.exe to PSIService.bak, or simply delete it.

If the Protexis DRM softare installed on your system is of version 2, follow these steps instead:

1. Open Services (services.msc) in Control Panel’s Administrators Tools.
    2. Locate Protexis Licensing V2 service. Stop the service and then set the Startup Type to Disabled.
    3. Bowse to %SystemDrive%\Program Files\Common Files\Protexis\License Service folder.
    4. Copy original PSIKey_2.dll to program folder of application that relies on Protexis, e.g. %SystemDrive%\Program Files\Corel\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2\.
    5. Rename PsiClient.dll to PsiClient.bak, or simply delete it.
    6. Rename PSIKey_2.dll to PsiClient.dll
    7. Rename PSIService_2.exe to PSIService_2.bak, or simply delete it.

Now, Protexis Licensing Service is tamed and disabled properly so that PSIService no longer run in background, without affecting functionality of installed application.

In my case it was Designer 12 not Paint Shop Pro Photo x2.

Steve E.

Children