X5 Deleting Arial Fonts

Casual CorelDraw user. Currently using X5, 64 bit and Win 7. Yesterday, while opening an older cdr file ( I believe from version 10 ) I’ve got a message ( warning ) that I do not have fonts installed used in this file and they have to be substituted. Mentioned fonts are default windows Arial fonts. Quickly I realized that X5 not only warned about missing fonts. In fact it deleted them from my windows font folder. 4 Arial types were gone, affecting not only my drawings but many other programs on my computer.
I reinstalled missing fonts. Removed X5 from HD, downloaded the latest X5 version, I believe containing Sp3. No help. Now every time I open CorelDraw I loose after mentioned Arial fonts.
Can anyone help me out solve this problem. I’ve been using X5 for the past few months and used to open older files several times without such problems ever occurring. Thanks
Adam
Parents
No Data
  • I know this is 3 yrs old, but this exact problem started happening to me yesterday and it was definitely corel 5 deleting the fonts. I kept putting them back, and they were fine for all other programs, but as soon as I opened corel, half the arial fonts vanished. It was deleting them from the windows fonts folder. I had the folder opened and watched them vanish from it as corel started up.

I have been using corel for a couple of years without any problems and have no idea why this suddenly began to occur, but a colleague suggested a fix which has worked.
    I opened the windows fonts folder and replaced the deleted arial fonts again, and then right clicked on all the arial fonts one at a time, and set them to read only.
    End of problem (so far anyway.)

Posting fix in this older thread as it's the one that comes up first when doing a search for deleted fonts so others may come here with the same issue. Perhaps this fix will also work for them.
Children
No Data