CorelDRAW X5 entire suite freezes on start up

Help please!

Entire Corel suite freezes on start up - I cannot do anything. Reinstalling also does not work - suddenly buttons on the installer dissapeared - there is no text on them and when I click them nothing happens. 

A week ago I have installed service pack 3 and everything worked fine. It has all gone wrong again. And installation of the latest patches does not help anymore.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit and I've got a feeling that is must have something to do with system updates. 

Please help, my production machine is completely out of action and I am completely stuck! 

Parents
No Data
  • Have you tried F8 while X5 opens (this resets X5 to its' default installation) ?

Have you tried W7's System Restore to bring you back to a point before you had the X5 problem ? I was going to suggest using the Repair option within the instalation procedure but if you can't access the buttons, that would be not possible.

Did you uninstall X5 and reboot before you tried the installer DVD ?

Did you try opening the DVD via Computer>Drive D (whatever your DVD designation is)>Explore and clicking on the installer manually ?

Ted

<onuca> wrote in message news:131439@coreldraw.com...

Help please!

Entire Corel suite freezes on start up - I cannot do anything. Reinstalling also does not work - suddenly buttons on the installer dissapeared - there is no text on them and when I click them nothing happens. 

A week ago I have installed service pack 3 and everything worked fine. It has all gone wrong again. And installation of the latest patches does not help anymore.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit and I've got a feeling that is must have something to do with system updates. 

Please help, my production machine is completely out of action and I am completely stuck! 

Children