CorelDRAW X5 entire suite freezes on start up

Help please!

Entire Corel suite freezes on start up - I cannot do anything. Reinstalling also does not work - suddenly buttons on the installer dissapeared - there is no text on them and when I click them nothing happens. 

A week ago I have installed service pack 3 and everything worked fine. It has all gone wrong again. And installation of the latest patches does not help anymore.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit and I've got a feeling that is must have something to do with system updates. 

Please help, my production machine is completely out of action and I am completely stuck! 

Parents
No Data
  • I don't know if this issue has been resolved, or not.  I've followed this forum to the end but see no solution.  My friend just purchased a copy of Corel Graphics Suite X5 and tried installing it with the same issue of blank buttons that others have had.  He's not computer savvy so asked if I could help.  I'm not familiar with CorelDraw, but told him I'd give it a go.  After searching all over the web for a solution, and not finding one, I was messing around with his copy (after getting it installed, successfully) and found that Corel CONNECT opened just fine.  I then searched (through) CONNECT for horse pics, found a few, dropped one to the tray and right-clicked it and told it to open in CorelDRAW. Well, guess what?  CorelDRAW opened, told me I'd have to import that .jpg image, and (after I closed that little info dialog) proceeded to work!  And this was in his original admin/user account in Win 7 Home Premium.  Next, so that he could more readily and easily open CorelDRAW, I started a new project and just immediately saved that project to his desktop.  Now all he has to do is click on that project and CorelDRAW opens and works just fine.  Same goes for Corel PHOTO-PAINT... just right-click on any pic (.jpg, .bmp, etc..), select "Open with..." and choose Corel PHOTO-PAINT.  Hope this works for everyone!  :)   BTW: To all the Corel programmers working on this issue, hopefully this will allow you to backtrace to the issue, now that you know what will work to open it.

Children
No Data