Graphics card question

I will be purchasing a new computer within the next month and my question is for those of you who do graphics every day what graphics card are you using and why.

I would also be interested in what type of processor you are using and the speed.

I have a few thousand images that I have created so getting the right system is something I really want to put a great deal of thought into before I make a purchase.

I always dread doing this because I have to download new servers for my printers.

I am talking to a few different service tech guys now about getting their help when it time to make the change.

Last time a service tech told me that I should reformat my system it turned into a compete nightmare!

I will be purchasing another PC with a windows operating system.

The one I have been using for the past five years is just really outdated.

Just wondering what others professionals are using and why.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.   Jimmy

Parents
No Data
  • Hello Jimmy; I found a Galaxy GTX 550 TI 2 Gig. of DDR 5 ram at "CompUSA" for $150.00, It's a Nvidia card.( They had ten left Monday ) As far as a computer goes my thoughts are do you want to just do graphics at a so so speed or do you want something that gets it done FAST. The fastest processor right now is a unlocked i7. If you are going to get a 64 bit system you can't have to much ram. Keep in mind that a off the shelf computer is probley not going to be the best at graphics work unless you get some custom work on it.
      If you know someone that can help you build one by buying parts and putting it together you can build a monster of a graphic mech.
      The computer I'm using was a build kit ( they are cheaper than buying each part separately ) and it's not the fastest but it's fast. there a lot to know about computers to build one. I think the main thing is get a large case ( the smaller the case the HOTTER they run ) I'm using a unlocked i5 with 8 gig of ram the the 2 gig video card and a few extra cabinet fans and a dual CPU fan, and it does a good job. And it you are going for the 64 bit sys. get Windows 7 Pro or better.
      Speed Cost Money How Fast Do You Want To Go?

My thoughts George

Children