Designing an Appropriate Web Page

hi Guys, I'm designing a web page in CorelDRAW and have found myself with a small dilemma.  I've designed a page 1024x768 pixels in 72 dpi. Later when watching a CorelDRAW video, someone suggested the appropriate dpi for CD is 96 pixels so I created a new page, same pixel width & height.  Now the 96 dpi page is 30% (there-abouts) smaller than my 72 dpi page.  Now I've not sliced and coded each page in HTML to see how they compare in a browser, but my obvious question is: which dpi should I be using to create a standard web page in CD?  This is my first web page creation so I was wondering if anyone had some guidance for establishing the correct page set-up for web page design; width, height and dpi for CD.  Cheers all.       

Parents
  • The pixel width and height are the same in both cases, so it will be the same size when seen in a browser.

HTML code for an image has only a width and a height. The resolution is purely for your convenience when designing it, so that you see the image at roughly the same size as the eventual user.

Width and height will default to the actual width of the image (in pixels) if you do not specify anything different in HTML, but might be modified by current zoom settings in the user's browser.

Reply Children
No Data