Network issue: How can I stop X5 software components trying to talk to an akami server when there is no network connection?

Hi, 

I've done the usual searches but can't come up with anything, so wonder if anyone here can shed some light on this.

I've recently had an issue with CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 running on a laptop. On starting any of the components e.g. Coreldraw, the program hangs for anything up to three minutes then runs as normal until the first major operation (e.g. adding guidelines, grouping objects, etc), then it'll hang again for several minutes, after that, program runs fine until restarted, then it's a repeat of the same behaviour. Invoking Photopaint from within Coreldraw leads to a similar hang for anything up to four minutes.

After a bit of digging, I've found that at the points where it hangs  Coreldraw is attempting to talk to a remote IP number (some xx-yy-zz-aa-deploy.akamaitechnologies type IP address - haven't a note of it here as laptop is at work). It eventually gives up, after something like 30 attempts, and the program then runs as normal. 

Now, this laptop *used* to spend most of its life networked, however, as of Christmas, it's now fully 'stand-alone' for security reasons (as the laptop is running XP, company IT policy now forbids connection to the corporate LAN). I'm assuming that X5 somehow still thinks the laptop has network access for some reason I can't fathom, so, can someone point me in the direction of what is going on here, and what I have to change to stop this behaviour? (Please, please tell me it doesn't require a reinstall sans network!).

I've had this problem on and off for several months, in the past it was an occasional minor irritation, but since the laptop has been disconnected permanently from the network this behaviour has become a constant major pain..I'm now going on the assumption that the times in the past I've had these issues when the laptop was networked were when it couldn't get through to this akami server for whatever reasons.

I know X5 is long in the tooth now, we're upgrading from a bunch of individual X5 and X6 copies to volume licensed X7 sometime in the next month, but this laptop *has* to run XP as it now runs one of our older laser engravers (XP drivers only), our impending X7 upgrade (for better or worse) won't help me here, the X5 install will have to stay on it. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data