Graphics cards.

I am upgrading to a higher-powered laptop. My old computer, a Dell Precision, was not very high-powered, and while eliminating background with the eraser tool, even on a graphic that I cropped very close with the freehand tool, I would find the Wacom pen I was using on its tablet, would suddenly start to "drift" without control, as I was going too "fast" for it. I also had work close down on me without the possibility of recovery, even with a Corel temp file being created. So, of course, I am looking at what Graphics card will do the job better. The laptop I am looking at, has i7 Quad Core, upgradeable RAM (I noticed on another question, that running an i7 with more than 8 gigs of RAM, is counterproductive! Thank you for that!), and while it is a 17.3 inch screen, the installed graphics card is the lowest Nvidia supplies in the Quadro category (an M600M). I suspect I need more than that, as the Nvidia site does not even list this under 17+ inch laptops, but for 15.6 inch! Can anyone advise on a good graphics card, which will also work with Win 10 Pro? I don't particularly need 'blazing' speed, just efficient, responsive, accurate, and not breaking the bank! Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

Parents
  • CorrelDRAW doesn't need any special video feature or 3D capabilities, so any standard nVidia graphics card will be more than enough. The only issue is when the video card use shared memory with the motherboard (in other words, it use part of the RAM for video), then if you have an independent graphics card with it own memory, you will have a good performance
Reply Children
No Data