Corel Draw X5 - Problems displaying Arabic Fonts

Hi all

I am new to these forums but hope someone can help me. I have installed Corel Draw X5 on a machine running XP Home (SP3) that more than matches the minimum specs required.

Have been a user of Corel Draw since version 7,8, 9 and 12. 

When I type text using any True Type Arabic fonts in Corel Draw X5 the text  just appears as blank squares. If I apply an outline to the text then it appears fine but if I then try to edit the text it goes back to appearing as blank squares. (Square are not filled, just outlines). This happens when typing text as artistic text or paragraph text.

It is the same in the drop down list for selecting a font when previewing a font it just appears as blank squares.

I do not have this problem with Corel Draw 7,8 or 9. All my Arabic fonts appear fine in these earlier versions of Corel Draw  and in other software. This problem first arose with Corel Draw 12 but I learnt to live with it but am very disappointed it is still happening in X5.

On another note X5 appears to be not fit for purpose due to the number of problems I am and other users are having with it. I will list the issues in the post that asks to list all the issues.

Hope someone can help me with font display problem!

Riz

P.S When I first noticed this problem in Corel Draw 12 I did ring Corels tech support and they offered to help but only if I paid them £50 to which I obviously said no...especially as I had only just purchased Corel Draw 12