"Open Recent" History

Is there a way to clean (or parcial delete) files in "FILE > OPEN RECENT" history?

• Hi.

They're stored in file:
    C:\Users\<<your username>>\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5\Draw\Workspace\<<your workspace name>>\CorelDraw.ini

~John

• In reply to Sub GDG_John( ):

Hi John,

I found this.

May I delet all lines under [Recent Files List]? No damage to original files?

[edited by: Silvio Win at 9:56 (GMT -5) on Tue, Apr 19 2011]
  • In reply to Silvio Gomes:

Silvio Win
    May I delet all lines under [Recent Files List]? No damage to original files?

Hi.

No, deleting the lines of this text file will not cause damage to original files it references. Just make a copy of that text file before changing.

~John

Silvio Win
    Thanks, John.

Hi.

Silvo.

Glad to help if it did.

Just curious why you wanna kill this list.

~John

• In reply to Sub GDG_John( ):

RunFlaCruiser
    Just curious why you wanna kill this list.

I'll kill your curiosity: in my home PC I'm doing a gift art for my daughter who has just been admitted to a Brazilian Airline, as Flight Attendant. As she sometimes uses CorelDRAW, I do not want her to see the file before the appropriate date. The original file was moved to a hidden folder and changed the extension of the file name, to be not be associated to CD.Smile

You could always open a few more files and push that file off the list

• In reply to LaserImage:

LaserImage
    You could always open a few more files and push that file off the list

Hi Laser...

Thanks for your suggestion... it works, but is time consuming. As the History (Recent Files opened)  preserves the past 15 files, you need to re-open that amount so that the file in question disappears from the list. There should be a more practical way to eliminate the content of History.

[edited by: Silvio Win at 7:39 (GMT -5) on Wed, Apr 20 2011]

Silvio Win
    re-open that amount so that the file in question disappears from the list. There should be a more practical way to eliminate the content of History.

HI Silvo.

Congrats!

There is a practical way but it's a Windows solution. Each user has separate settings when logged in. It should work well for Draw but I never tested this.

~John

[edited by: RunFlaCruiser at 14:57 (GMT -5) on Wed, Apr 20 2011]

It's been 24 hours since you started your quest to remove this file from the list, I'm pretty sure you could have opened 15 files by now... Wink

Hi Silvio, a F8 start should clear all recent files

Joe

• In reply to elkhans:

elkhans
    a F8 start should clear all recent files

Thanks for the tip. But I'm too lazy to do that because I had to reset some preferences that CorelDraw can not save (a disability of the CD already claimed).

• In a newer version of CorelDraw, actually the 2017 version, i found the list you required.
    To acces the registry, you have to click start, type regedit, and press enter. You have to click on enable to ... this will modificate some software setting... :) After registry editor starts, you have look for the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corel\CorelDRAW\19.0\Draw\Application Preferences\Framework

It is a string, which means a chains of characters. You have to edit the value of this string, or clear the value.
    The files are shown via their full path, and are separated with | character, so you could add/remove several item. The order of the files are from top to bottom, the first entry is on top of the list, and the others appears below it, as you add them.

Hope this will help others, too.