Distributing objects (corel x5) - CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 - CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 - CorelDRAW Community
  • Not Answered

Distributing objects (corel x5)

Hi (helpfull) guys...just need a help with aligning objects...How to distribute some objects that they are 2mm apart (or more, just need the advice)?

thanks

7 Replies

• ngc2392
    Hi (helpfull) guys...just need a help with aligning objects...How to distribute some objects that they are 2mm apart (or more, just need the advice)?

It seems you want to add 2mm of space between the objects?

One commercial macro dizzy shaping 3 has the ability to do that for you. Check dist spacing video.

There are other ways, but more tedious.

• If you want to distribute, there is arrange > align and distribute function, which will distribute the space between objects evenly.

The inbuilt distribute function can distribute space either horizontally or vertically. To use it, you must first select some objects (at least three, to be useful).

• Horizontal distribution leaves the leftmost and rightmost objects where they are, and moves the other selected objects horizontally so all objects are equally spaced
    • Vertical distribution leaves the top and bottom objects where they are, and moves the other selected objects vertically so all objects are equally spaced

I'm not sure about X5, but in X6 you have some additional options, to distribute the edges or centres of objects rather than the space between them.

Its not a good way to put a specific space between objects. For that you need to use a macro like the one Jeff suggests.

Or, as a possible way to do it manually, you can :

• turn object snapping on
    • create a dummy object of the correct width, and snap it to the right of the first object
    • snap the second object to the right of the dummy
    • move the dummy to the right of the second ... and repeat until done.

[edited by: harryLondon at 20:08 (GMT -5) on Sun, Oct 28 2012]
  • In reply to harryLondon:

Hi.

Also GDG Space Master is good for this. I currently have an X5 version and hope to make an X6 version soon.

-John

• In reply to Jeff Harrison:

ok guys...thanks for tips.

But it does feel strange to me why is there no such function? sometimes you need some objects to be evenly distributed over page...? Well, I just start with guidelines then...

bye

• In reply to ngc2392:

ngc2392

ok guys...thanks for tips.

But it does feel strange to me why is there no such function? sometimes you need some objects to be evenly distributed over page...? Well, I just start with guidelines then...

bye

Hi.

Well you can hold shift and use your alignment keyboard shortcuts, ie Shift + E but this spaces by center.

The macros suggested above really work better.

~John

• In reply to Sub GDG_John( ):

If the objects are the same you can use the Transformation docker to
    create duplicates with an exact spacing. Create a 5mm square, type 7mm
    in the H position and put how many copies you want to achieve a row of
    squares with exactly 2mm between each object. Positive numbers duplicate
    to the right and up. Negative numbers duplicate to the left and down.

Or you can also set your nudge to be 2mm. Turn on snap to object and
    line up your objects so they snap next to each other. Then use the arrow
    key to nudge them over 2mm.

Steve
    www.brutefish.com
  • In reply to Brute-Fish:

well, that's also one good solution. Thanks man Wink