Colourizing Parts of a Black & White Photo

I want to colour just parts of an old  black and white photo and add very subtle pink cheeks to the subject.......how can I do this in photo paint.....there must be a tutorial somewhere but everything I  google search comes up with photoshop tutorials

• Step1.

For the first, if your picture it's in grayscale color mode covert this in RGB or CMYK because in grayscale color mode you cannot change the color (Menu Bar / Image / Covert to RGB or CMYK).If  your image is in RGB or CMYK color mode go to the next step.

Step 2.

Toolbox / Brush Mask Tool / + Mode / select (paint) that part of the pictues what you want to change / Go to Menu bar :

-a) Adjust / Replace color(old color: select the color from your pictures with Eyedropper / new color: select that color what you want / OK )

or

-b) Adjust / Color balance / select color 

• Convert it to RGB, choose a light pink color and paint with the brush set to Color merge mode and adjust the transparency to your liking. For more control, create a new object above the original photo and paint on that so you can come back and change the color, transparency, etc. without affecting the original.

• Hello PINKGEM; I don't use PP much, but I think I would do it in Draw by Tracing the raster pic. and using Smart Fill.

George

• What I do, including infomation Jeff Harrison posted a while back.

Save the image as a CPT file.

Convert it to RGB or CMYK.

If the image is saved as a Background, Duplicate it and delete the Background version. Change the Merge mode to Multiply.

Any colors you wish to add should be on Objects below the main image and Normal Merge. Use the Paint Too to add color. I use a different layer for each color with lighter color below darker most of the time. Using different layers you can adjust the opacity to change the depth of the color.

The attached is done rather quickly and I am not happy with the tones but you can see how it was done.