RE: [CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5] RE: [CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5] Overprint fills don't quite get it

Not sure what you are saying. From the color separations looks like process black will print, white will print, red won't, the red will be the item, or yellow as you did.

--- Original Message ---

Sent: May 7, 2015 7:09 PM
To: CorelDRAW_Graphics_Suite_X5@community.coreldraw.com
Subject: RE: [CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5] RE: [CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5] Overprint fills don't quite get it

Update from CorelDRAW Community

MikeWe

Hello Mrs. Cat,

I used a different application to punch the holes through.

However, you do know that unless you are using white ink, that anything colored white will allow the substrate to show through, right? Which means the white parts that it still have will not allow the black underneath to print and allow whatever this is being printed onto show through.

In any case, I have attached the file I modified below. It should open fine in X5. I used X7 and saved it back to an X5 version.

Mike

http://community.coreldraw.com/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/544/CREST-SWORD_2D00_2color_5F00_final_2D00_modified.cdr

View online

Replies to this email will be posted in the forums. Make sure not to include your signature when replying.  

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

• Every time you respond via email, it starts a new thread.

In any case, if you open and print the file I attached to your original thread onto colored paper, you'll find that where white is that the paper color shows through. That is if you are not using a spot white color. If you are not using a spot white color and want these areas also knocked out, you will need to subtract them from the black fill.

There are some other things to fix in that file as well. You had attached a PDF instead of a CorelDraw file. So I don't know if the color issues are a result of your PDF settings or not. But there is a mix of RGB and CMYK in the PDf and therefore is in the CD file I attached.

There are also a few small gradients. Depending on the output size of this drawing, you may desire to change them to a light black fill or even white.

Mike