CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5

Situation still unresolved. CorelDRAW Support April 21, 2015 gave me a new serial number to install CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5. The installation still does not work, get the error message Data Error (cyclic redundancy check). Forum responses says the file is corrupt. Understand. However, when I go back to CorelDRAW support, they tell me I am out of support and they cannot help me. It appears I have two options: (1) Purchase a new CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 from source other than CorelDRAW or (2) Purchase CorelDRAW X7 from CorelDRAW. I have read bad reviews about X7, that there are lots of bugs, what worked well in X5 doesn't work in X7. But I am not sure when purchasing X5 I am getting a good product as well. 

Big dilemma:( 

• Hello no1texan; You can look at the file with WinZip ( They have a Free Trial. ) and SOMETIMES you can pull something use able from there. Corel owns Winzip and that is what they use for compression.

George
  • I suggest you download the X7 trial from corel.com and see if it works for you.
    There's a special offer on upgrades until Nov. 30 2015.

The interface is new and it may take a while to get used to, but apart from that I think X7 is working as good as, or better, than X5. This is after all updates, the initial version(s) was buggy.

Then we hear some users are affected by things that have been changed or by bugs still remaining (all software have bugs), but give it a try and see what you think.

Remember to save copies of your files in X5 format, in case you decide not to upgrade afterwards, but do not save as X5 only since you may then lose some X7 specific properties.

• no1texan said:
    (2) Purchase CorelDRAW X7 from CorelDRAW. I have read bad reviews about X7, that there are lots of bugs, what worked well in X5 doesn't work in X7.

I'm sorry to hear your problem, because it seems to be something simple to solve (a corrupt disk, replaced with a new disk)

Anyway, it's not true that X is worse than X5, if you read the messages when X5 was launched, you will noticed that most of the messages say something similar that now are talking about X7. For example "X5 is unable to use", "I will return to X4"; "X5 is the worst version ever", "X5 is unstable, it frozen and crashed every ten minutes", etc. The service packs didn't change the perception of those people. But not only it happens before, when X4 was launched, and when X3 was launched, etc. it also happens when X6 was launched later. Some people said it was useless, and surprise, the same people that complains against X5 now said that X6 ws the workst version ever, it was useless, and they will return to X5 because it was stables and run better than any other. Objectively, X5 was a very good version, although it had many more errors and problems than X7. Since the immediate future is X 8 and Windows 10 (eventually, like it or not ...) is perhaps a good opportunity to update the program

• Thanks for your reply. It is just not working out, tried signing up for X7 thorugh the subscription plan. Make my first attempt to add the Zoom to the toolbar but did not work, i.e. did not show the zoom features in the tool bar....just another sign everything going wrong. I am canceling my subscription and quitting. My last grasp at some kind of income. Lost my job in 2014, at my age impossible to find another, thought I could maybe make some money at woodworking, using Corel Draw to make patterns...but hasn't work...so getting out.