• Not Answered

HOW TO INCREASE MEMORY USAGE IN COREL DRAW X5

I am not able to get memory usage option in x5.

Is this option is available to in it are not.

7 Replies - Latest Reply

• As I know, there is not a such usage option as in Photoshop. If you have both Windows and Corel bites versions 32, you cannot increase memory higher than up to 4 GB. Only to have both Win and Corel 64 versions, then you can go up to 8 GB.
  • In reply to Jised:

Earlier Corel versions had it Jised. With Coreldraw X3, it was under Tools>Customization>Memory.

I also looked for the option to change memory usage in X8 to reduce my crashes but no such luck. Maybe Corel already allocates 90% memory.
  • Windows always allocates all the available memory this has been a part of the OS since Vista

• In reply to safia:

safia
    Earlier Corel versions had it Jised. With Coreldraw X3, it was under Tools>Customization>Memory.

Older versions of Windows allows to manage memory, but that feature is no longer available, WIndows will manage RAM. This option was still present on X3 although it doesn't produce any effect, it was a legacy option for compatibility to older versions only.

If you are using Windows 32 bits, you can use up to 2 Gb for each program. Windows 64 has no RAM limit, it will use all the available memory

safia
    I also looked for the option to change memory usage in X8 to reduce my crashes but no such luck. Maybe Corel already allocates 90% memory.

What you need is to increase teh Virtual Memory in order to have stability and avoid crashes. The Virtual Memory (the swap file) should be as big as possible since it's where WIndows, Corel and all program store temporary files.

• In reply to Ariel:

Wow, thanks. I can say I learnt something new today. I changed the Virtual Memory now. Let's hope for the best.
  • In reply to safia:

As a second thought virtual memory should not be an issue as Windows manages that but I keep my hard drive with Windows on never more than about 45% full

• In reply to Ariel:

I also had a second thought, or comment rather...

My X3 crashed on my Windows 7 machine several times a day. Regardless of how windows manages RAM, changing the memory usage in Coreldraw X3 to 90% made a huge difference and significantly reduced crashes! Other colleagues had the same problem and this solution worked. (I know right, X3 is outdated software for Windows 7 but companies have their own policies and sometimes ... if is not broken, don't fix it)