connect search doesnt recognize keywords in cdr files

i have been a long user of romcat... but would like to use the new corel connect. i use the folders selected to my HD folder that has all my cdr files (20yrs worth from ver 1). when i type in a search word that is in 100's of my cdr files keywords... connect doesnt display them. In romcat it does display them, even older files, with the same key word. connect only shows cdr files that have in its file name part of the search word, but seems to ignore the key words in the files.

I have all my job files with important key words within them, but the actual file names are simple job numbered names. Am i missing something, or a way to make connect recognize those key words? i noticed on searches from X5 content on dvd, the files also are just numbers, but the search finds key words. help me see whats up

thanks

Anthony Garcia

Parents
No Data
  • Are you using Windows XP, by any chance? If so, then Connect is very limited. You can get Connect to search on keywords if you install the free Windows Desktop Search utility as explained in the Connect help file:

On Windows XP, you must have Windows Desktop Search installed and running to search for content by using keywords. By default, the application searches all locations that Windows Desktop Search is configured to index. For information about modifying indexing options in Windows Desktop Search, see the Windows Help. Windows Desktop Search is available as a free download from the Microsoft Download Center. For more information, visit http://www.microsoft.com/windows/desktopsearch/downloads/default.mspx. If you are using another third-party computer indexing and search tool (for example, Google Desktop) or you don’t have Windows Desktop Search installed, the application has limited search capabilities and lets you search only by filename.

Children
No Data