Image size from big to smaller

Hello

I imported an image to x5 and it was 1MB, I resize to a smaller size by "Pick tool" .. very smaller .. and the problem is when I save the file, it saves it as 1MB, though, it should show me of its size 200KB .. what can I click in x5 to minimize the size of the image?

Thanks! 

• The pick tool CorelDraw does not downsample. It always preserves the individual pixels.

Often this is beneficial, because it means that you do not suffer progressive degradation if the size of the image needs to be changed frequently to fit other material. Another instance is if you import a screen resolution image into a print document and reduce its physical size to a third, then you have an image with almost the 300dpi typically recommended for printing.

If you do specifically want a lower resolution bitmap in CorelDraw, then select the bitmap, scale it to its final size and then look for the resample command which is probably on the bitmaps menu. But unless the resolution is really excessive, its often best to leave it at its original resolution and let the final print or export operation do the downsampling.