Printing darker

I am printing labels on to a shiny/metallic label material using an office laser printer - Canon C5035.  The labels are designed in Draw X5.  I made everything CMYK, 0,0,0,100.  It is coming out too light.  I want the black text on the shiny material to be darker.

Since the label material is kind of expensive and I have a limited amount of sheets I take one sheet over to the printer and place it in one of it's five trays and then I go back and do the print from within Corel Draw selecting that tray.  What settings can I do from Draw or from the Printer Setup in Draw that will make the output darker?

• From what I saw (and I only skimmed the data) the C5035 drivers may be expecting any color data/images being sent to it, to be in the RGB format and not CMYK. If that is so, then I suggest you try using RGB in your color design.

If the driver(s) for this printer does accept CMYK color as a normal input color mode, then you may need to mix in some of the CMY colors to produce a 'rich' black. (I do not remember the best mix of K+C, M and/or Y for a darker/richer black.)
  • I suspect that the device does not have a media profile that correctly matches the material you're using.

• Basically I am just printing black text and black lines on some metallic label paper. It would be easy enough to change all the elements to RGB black. Thanks.