CorelDraw X6 problems

I am enjoying X6 and hope others do so. I need community help in the following usage problems in CorelDraw X6. Pls. let me know if there is other way round working to get rid of these problems.

PC Config.: Intel Core2Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4GHz, DG33FB, 8GB RAM

CDGS x6 (64 bit) v16.0.0.707

1. Facing problem of frequent CorelDraw X6 crash while working and seemingly most of the times it even don't sent any error messages to Corel support.

2. Transformations docker doesn't accept enter for applying changes, it only responds when we hit apply. It is good to move through options by using TAB, but it should accept ENTER as “APPLY” as we make desired change in any parameter. Mostly I prefer dockers to property bar.

3. Open and Import dialogue boxes don’t get cancelled as we hit ESC key.

4. Using pick tool double click a group of objects including paragraph text and get desired rotation is still a havoc despite we are using x6 (64-bit). It kills much of our time. See screen shot below:

5.  I am also facing problem in EPS editable import as shown in the screen shot below "An error occurred while processing PIEE.eps. The file cannot be opened."

The file is created in x6 and has 2 pages for two print jobs. Both pages has flatten background text and fountain lenses to RGB bitmap. All texts converted to curves. Page 1 exported to EPS and then imported as EPS editable successfully. Page 2 exported to EPS and then imported as EPS editable - shown above error. I have also tried importing this page to a fresh file and then created fresh EPS but got the same erroneous result.

As far as my experience with PDF is not good, because sometimes PDF also produces undesired result on RIP specially as RGB images, bar codes, drop shadows etc. I believe that EPS files are far more reliable in prepress jobs.

Seeking others'  EPS/PDF export import experience and comments for prepress.

Parents Reply Children