cannot open *.pspimage files

I recently purchased CorelDRAW x6 after buying a new computer (Windows 7, 64-bit). Up until now I have been using Paint Shop Pro 9 on an XP system and I've been wanting to upgrade my graphic editing program, so this seemed like a good chance.

I had read that DRAW could open *.pspimage files, but upon actually trying to open them, I received the "File is not importable" error. I did a little more digging through the program's own Help topics and found this:

------------------------

Corel Paint Shop Pro (PSP)

The.PspImage file format is the native format for Corel Paint Shop Pro. You can import .PspImage files versions 9 and 10 that are in the RGB color mode (24- or 48-bit).

This file format is not supported by the 64-bit version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite.

------------------------

(bold for emphasis)

So I'm a little confused. It says I can but then...I can't? And if that's true, is there no way around it, like a plug-in or something? I've tried Googling around but have come up empty handed. I am disappointed that I can't open my older files right now, especially since I had been under the impression and confidence that it would open. In fact I can't find anything saying otherwise, but that could be because I just haven't searched for the right thing.

Fortunately PSP9 does still work on my system, though it requires the computer to change its setting to classic Windows. It's not that big of an issue, so if there really is no solution, I can just use it for my older/current files and use DRAW for new projects since I do want to try using it for newer projects. But it would be nice if I could just use one program rather than have two sitting on my computer.

Any advice, confirmation, or any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Parents Reply Children
No Data