Some of the Fonts not displaying properly since windows updates installed today. 12.12.12

I got calls from 3 of the DRAW users that some of the fonts are not displaying correctly since they have updated their Windows today. I have not yet connected my laptop to internet. Shall check it and try to identify the culprit update. Any light on this is appreciated.

Few fonts known for not displaying correctly since today

Diavlo_MEDIUM_II_37.otf and its family with light, black etc.
Myriaid PRO

Parents
No Data
  • I can confirm this font issue also on both 32 bit and 64 bit CorelDRAW X6 versions. I have a screenshot of all Windows Updates that were supposed to be completed on my machines. KB2753842 is in the list...haven't tried to install the rest of the updates but now I will and omit the others.

Glad others are reporting on this issue. Running System Restore will get your machine back to normal as long as you have it running and enough restore points to choose from.

My culprit font was the Birch Standard Open Type font...literally disappeared from my files, that means not visible in outline mode - kapoof! Gone...Also, when typing out a new sentence in that font it would display briefly until I clicked off of it and then it would disappear also.

Children