X6 Color Settings For CMYK Printing?

Does anyone know the ideal color settings for exporting .jpg and .eps files for CMYK printing? The default X6 settings result in rather washed out looking exports (both on the screen and on the prints). Black looks very dark grey etc.

Never had this issue with X3 but I understand that X6 uses a totally different color engine so I figure I just need to know the correct settings.

Thanks for any help!

Parents
No Data
  • Interesting. Thanks for the input.

Lets forget about printing for the moment. Lets try this instead. Do you know the correct X6 color settings for producing crisp, vibrant, "black is really black" CMYK .jpg exports on the computer screen?

My problem is that everything I'm exporting from X6 using the default color settings looks dull and washed out whether it's on the screen or on the printer. What I see on my screen is virtually identical to what comes out of the printer (Roland VP-540) except for out-of-gamut colors of course. We've had a tech look at our color settings in VersaWorks (the RIP software from Roland) and he says everything is correct so I'm pretty sure it isn't a problem with VersaWorks. I've also tried exporting on a couple of different computers at work (one is Windows XP and one is Vista) and even used the trial version of X6 on my laptop (Windows 7) as a test with the same results.

X3 exports on those same computers (except my laptop, no X3 there) are crisp and beautiful with no out-of-gamut colors. X6 exports are dull and faded all around.

Any ideas about what I need to change with my X6 color settings? Does anyone have a screenshot of their color settings they might share that gives them good results?

Children