CorelDrawX6 Home & Student - Graphtec Cutter

Good evening everyone,

It's been a long time since I've visited the forums, so please excuse me coming back with a question!

Some years back I used Coreldraw X3 I think with my Graphtec CE5000 cutter. From memory Coreldraw used a Graphtec utility go between - cutting master. It worked fine :)

I recently gave my cutter to my daughter who wanted to learn how to cut shapes out of vinyl. I bought Coreldraw X6 Home & Student for her and installed it on her computer. Also Graphtec's Cutting Master 3.

When I tried to show her how to cut a simple shape, I created a square, clicked the 'Launcher' tool and selected 'Send Cut Cut Lines to CM3, I think this is the way I used to do it!

The following error was displayed titled:

Lancher

'Could not connect to Coreldraw'.

I've tried to research the problem and discovered there are differences between Coreldraw x6 retail and X6 Home & Student.

I'm wondering if this is one such restriction in which case I won't spend any more time researching a resolution.

If the problem is not the result of a restriction, would anyone here have any suggestions for overcoming the problem?

Cheers

John

Parents Reply Children