CorelDRAW Update 4 issues

Just a heads-up, during installation, several dialogue boxes, "Insufficient privileges" popped up, but clicking retry to all of them allowed me to install. These staryed at 13% and finished ay 28%.

Its a nice update BTW, good work Corel!

Parents
No Data
  • I have just been prompted to install the update 16.4.0.1280.

We have installed it on two workstations. While it seemed faster to load initially, problems have escalated since using it. The product seems even more unstable than the last update. Corel Draw with no files open is running at 24,000KB (63,000KB with a blank document  open), after loading a document the RAM usage was high on both systems. Opening a 2MB file and the RAM usage jumped to to 1.24GB?. What is going on?

The pointer began to flicker while working on a file and Corel became quite unstable, possibly due to significant RAM consumption. 

I am moving elements from the existing file i was working on to a fresh document to test if this provides any relief. I am also testing elements of the file to see if anything can make a difference. neither computer appears to be releasing the RAM after closing the files. I have 450 fonts on my system, which i'd not consider a huge number (with earlier versions I have frequently run over 1500 fonts). Should I remove typefaces to see if these are causing issues with the software? 

It appears document loaded fonts are definitely a problem with CorelDraw X6, once loaded they don't appear to reset until the software is completely closed - there is a cumulative effect of using different typefaces. 

Any suggestions?

Children
No Data