Powerclip "X" printing?

When you extract everything from a powerclip, the object that was the powerclip retains it's powerclip state. Someone must have thought this was a good idea, I find the "feature" slightly annoying. The biggest problem is when it no longer has any contents, that big X appears across the object to show that it's an empty powerclip. OK, I can deal with that or ignore it, but the problem is, the thing acts like it's part of the object as far as printing goes, and that I can't have. This can't be the way it was originally intended to work? Shouldn't it be just an on-screen indicator, and not a physical part of the object now? I know I can revert the object back to a "normal" object, but it seems to be just another useless step that shouldn't be needed.

What I'd like to see is an option that when a powerclip no longer has any objects inside, it automatically reverts to a normal object like in previous versions of Draw. Of course, it's too late now, that will never happen. If anything, it should be possible to have the empty powerclip X indicator be changed over to a "phantom" object that is only shown on screen and doesn't exist in any other way so that it doesn't print or otherwise effect the drawing.

Great, it shows up in PDFs too. Looks like I'll have to get used to hitting that "No Frame" button every time I hit the "Extract Contents" button. Or maybe I'll write a macro to do both and link it to a toolbar button. Reminds me of a post I made about Corel Script in version 6 (yes, six, not sixteen) where it allowed us to write our own "feature" fixes when options were removed for no good reason.