Convert mesh fill to bitmap problem

When I convert a meshfill to bitmap in X5 there is a color shift.

Does anyone know if this happens in X6?

Untitled-1.cdr
  • Hi Phil

I am not having any shifts in either x5 or x6  as long as I am working with RGB doing the original mesh and converting to RGB bitmap.

The conversion to Cmyk from Rgb is just the normal pull down in gamut when I do it that way.

You might have an issue with color management settings. I took me a bit of time to get the conversions I wanted for monitors and print

• I'm working in X6, but the colour management in X5 is similar and I'm sure you can do the same.

Firstly, if your primary requirement is to create an RGB bitmap, you should begin with file > new and choose one of the RGB presets such as Web.

I suggest you also review window > colour palettes and turn off anything except the document and  default (which will be RGB because of the previous selection) palettes, so that you will only be choosing RGB colours.

My original mesh fill is on the left. On the right is a duplicate converted to bitmap using the above settings :

So, no obvious colour shifts -- but as I said at the start, I think you should be able to do the same in X5.

• Hi Again Phil

Interesting I work mainly in gab set up like Harry. I opened your file and found I have a similar shift as you. the original colour is cmyk converting both objects to Cmyk bitmap delivers a very similar shift as you get in both x5 and x6. it's not your file I can duplicate the result with a new file.

Somewhere a profile is being used that is changing the colour of the cmyk mesh  when going to bitmap. The change is occurring whether or not transparency directly but the nature of the mesh is to blend so I suspect that may be the issue.

Ross Blair  

• Hi Phil

I exported your original mesh as a tif and re imported it, there was no color change at all but I can't seem to convert in CorelDraw or Photopaint  cmyk to cmyk without a shift.

This is a puzzle that needs an answer.

Ross Blair

• Sorry, I missed your upload. In principle it ought to be possible to do the same working wholly in CMYK.

But Ross has already found this does not work as we expected. I'll have a look at this again.