Specific resizing

I'm just starting to use CorelDraw.  How can I extend the width of one side of a shape by 3/8" of an inch?

• Hello Flaglady; Well you can select what you want to resize and using the mouse on one of the drawing handles ( the Black squares around the drawing to drag it the way you want. ( just play with them to see what they do.) that's one way, another is to use little lock to lock or unlock the scaling, and type in the dimensions to want.
      Don't forget the Help at the top of the Corel page to get info.

Good Luck, George

• If you're speaking of a shape such as a circle or rectangle and want to move just one side you'll need to set your "Nudge" to the specified amount you want to move. Convert the shape to curves then grab the node tool and marquee select the nodes you want to move and nudge them left or right as needed.
    Myron
  • I think this is what you mean.

1. Unlock the Lock Ratio Button

2. Move the Object Origin to where you want the object to grow from.

3. Add the amount you want the object to grow buy to either Horizontal or vertical fields (you and use all maths symbols here +, -, / Divide & * Multiply)

What you see will make the box increase in length by 25mm in the direction of the arrow.

Hope this helps