I am looking for a way to make CorelDraw x6 automatically insert the current time and date into a specific area on a drawing...

I am looking for a way to make CorelDraw x6 automatically insert the current time and date into a specific area on a drawing.  We have a proof disclaimer we insert into every proof we send to customers.  I would like that file to automatically update the time and date whenever it is inserted.  Is there a way to do this?

• I made my own macro.  Every time I start a new page a job label is already at the bottom (see below).

The macro copies the date to the clipboard but can be modified to get both time and date. Second part of the macro finds the text in my template that I've named "Date" then drops it in there.

Sub GetDate()

Optimization = True

Call Shell("NOTEPAD.EXE", vbNormalFocus)

SendKeys "{F5}"

SendKeys "{HOME}"

SendKeys "{DELETE 8}"

SendKeys "^{a}"

SendKeys "^(c)"

SendKeys "%{F4}"

SendKeys "{RIGHT}"

SendKeys "{ENTER}"

Optimization = False

ActiveWindow.Refresh

End Sub

• You can try following macro - inserts the system date and time on given position (x,y). If started again then replaces an original date and time by actual   

Sub IDAT()
    Dim DAT As Shape, x#, y#
    ActiveDocument.Unit = cdrMillimeter
    ActivePage.FindShapes(Name:="DAT").Delete
    x = 0 'position of text with a system date and time
    y = 0 'position of text with a system date and time
    Set DAT = ActiveLayer.CreateArtisticText(x, y, Date & "  " & Time, cdrEnglishUS, , "Arial", 7, , , , cdrLeftAlignment)
    DAT.Fill.UniformColor.CMYKAssign 0, 0, 0, 100
    DAT.Name = "DAT"
    End Sub

Best regards

Mek

• revenant said:
    I am looking for a way to make CorelDraw x6 automatically insert the current time and date into a specific area on a drawing.

Here's a commercial one with some advanced options: Jeff's Info Helper