Toolbar in X6 running on a new imac shows very small icons

Good morning, as a new member in the community I do have a question regarding a problem with the size of the toolbar. I am running CoralDrwa graphic suites X6 on a brand new iMac (Intel Core i7 , AMD Radeon R9 M295X with 4 GB of GDDR5 memory, Retina 5K display). The problem is that the toolbars on the top as well as the menu line as well the toolboxes on the side are so tiny small that you can hardly read them. And some functions in the left-sie toolboxes are not visible/funcional.

I tried to right click in the toolbar and went via this menu and find small/medium/large size, click large and restart but no change. When I opened it the first time it changed the size of the fond/boxes but at the next start of the iMac it never did it again.

Any suggestions how to get it right? Forgot to mention that I run windows on the Mac to keep Coral Draw running..Many thanks !

• It could be a resolution issue, that Coreldraw X6 may not support 5K Display. I know it's not ideal but perhaps you could change the resolution of your screen. I had a similar issue when running another program on my laptop when I first got it. The default was 1920x1080 but it made all my icons tiny as you say, so I had to reduce the resolution to make it readable.

I'm not sure about mac's as it's been a while since I last used one but in windows, if you go to the control panel -> Display, there are some options there that can increase text/icon sizes.

It's not an ideal fix, but it may be a workaround until someone else may be able to help you further.

Rohan
  • I think I know that one. X6 can't deal with high dpi at all, though I think Corel blames Windows for this problem. There is a good workaround, found here:
    http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/
    Works on Corel X6 on Windows 8.1 and 10. Might be trickier on Windows on Mac, but if you can find the registry and the executables, it may work.