"image resolution below 96 dpi" issue. Help please!

"image resolution below 96 dpi" issue.   EVERY google image (large hi-res) that I copy & paste prints terrible.  Been designing and using Coreldraw for 10 years and have not had any problems. Could someone have changed a setting or something?  (Always says ' image resolution below 96 dpi'     Using Coreldraw X6 & Roland Printer ( Says the same thing when sending to  my desktop printer-Brother)    Help please!

• The "image resolution below 96 dpi" message is a bit misguiding. It doesn't necessarily mean that the bitmap is low res at a given size.

If they print terrible, are you sure the images have enough pixels to work with from the start?
    Draw doesn't change the pixel count without you doing something to make it happen (like Resample).

After downloading the image, check how many pixels it is.
    Then import to Draw and compare (use the Object Properties docker). There should be no difference.
  • If your grabbing images from google images, most are from web sites and low res, some large pixel size so yo can reduce to increase the dpi. Try saving them first, open in image editor and see what size you really have. In most cases those images are copyright, be careful.
  • Ginger Kay said:
    "image resolution below 96 dpi" issue.   EVERY google image (large hi-res) that I copy & paste prints terrible.  Been designing and using Coreldraw for 10 years and have not had any problems. Could someone have changed a setting or something?  (Always says ' image resolution below 96 dpi'     Using Coreldraw X6 & Roland Printer ( Says the same thing when sending to  my desktop printer-Brother)    Help please!

Make sure that the image has good resolution at final size. If you import an image and enlarge it, the resolution will decrease.Check resolution (select the image and see the information on the status bar a the bottom of your screen)