Licensing and migrating to a new machine

Licensing and migrating to a new machine

We are building a new computer and want to move CorelDRAW X6 (student edition) from an old laptop to the new machine. I'm here today because I've read two differing accounts describing how to do this successfully. Perhaps we can come by the one definitive answer to rule them all?

Uninstalling the program from the old machine is the only constant I've found. Should this be done with the original installer application (from disc or download) or with Window's Add and Remove Programs feature? Perhaps it does not matter, but if that is the case, it should be noted once and for all.

There is also the matter of first logging into one's Corel account. Not everyone includes this step in their description. I'm not familiar with this Corel account, but I may have created one for myself when installing X5 years ago. Was it an integral step in originally installing X6 (also done years ago)? Or is it something that may have to be created? Is logging into the account done via web browser or from within the CorelDRAW application software? I'm trying to understand how we would have the program running while uninstalling it, too.

With the account and uninstallation procedure verified and performed, installation to the new machine simply becomes a matter of moving the installer over (either disc or download) to the new machine and running it? At some point should we be logging into a Corel account?

Again, ours is the student edition, but we (and everyone else, I imagine) would appreciate knowing of any differing procedures between the various releases. Or versions. The life you save could be your own! ; )