X6 Power Clip Issue - CorelDRAW X6 - CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 - CorelDRAW Community
  • Not Answered

X6 Power Clip Issue

1. Before power clip the box is;

2. When Some thing is in power clip it becomes;

3. after some editing when i delete all objects in power clip it looks like having cross in box instead of a clear box.

All i want some default option in corel, so that if powerclip contents are removed then it should be an object or empty frame by default instead of powerclip crossed lines frame, for every time i mess up to clear contents.

[edited by: engineer.pk at 16:02 (GMT -5) on Tue, May 1 2012]

14 Replies

• The remaining X is a known problem and we hope Corel will fix it in SP1.

Meanwhile, you can correct it by right clicking on the empty frame and changing Frame Type > None.

• In reply to harryLondon:

I already know this, but if i have to come across many times it is waste of time to convert each to object...

hope it will be fixed soon.

THanks dude.

• This issue relate new "frame" logic. There is no problem because if you extract content then the powerclip frame still there. And you use new powerclip options for this frame.

If you create new powerlip frame then it brings more useful things. For example you can drag and drop any graphic object file (.cdr, .jpg, .tiff etc.) into the powerclip directly. You can use that method with connect.

But there is a problem with X (cross line)... The X printing or exporting as X... I think this is the bug and Corel Draw dev team should fix it.

• In reply to Gulzar Ahmed Khan Lodhi:

may be a macro to do the task till we get the solution from Corel.Smile

Gulzar Ahmed Khan Lodhi
    I already know this, but if i have to come across many times it is waste of time to convert each to object...

• In reply to Anand Dixit:

Getting rid of the cross is not too difficult via the command Harry mentioned.

It is possible to make it even easier by adding this command to a toolbar (it's on the Layout toolbar by default) or a shortcut key:
    In Options > Customization > Commands, go to Effects in the dropdown list and find "None". Drag this button to a toolbar and/or assign a shortcut key to it.
    This button will be active whenever you have a PowerClip or Text frame selected.

Many users are upset by the fact that an emptied powerclip is still a PowerClip frame, but what I don't understand is why they apparently create and work with clips, and then decide to empty them. Can it possibly be often enough to find it cumbersome to do the right-click > Frame Type > None procedure?
    I don't know, please enlighten me.

Maybe it should be optional whether an empty clip automatically should revert to an ordinary object or not?

[edited by: Ronny Axelsson at 2:31 (GMT -5) on Wed, May 2 2012]
  • In reply to Ronny Axelsson:

Ronny Axelsson
    Many users are upset by the fact that an emptied powerclip is still a PowerClip frame, but what I don't understand is why they apparently create and work with clips, and then decide to empty them. Can it possibly be often enough to find it cumbersome to do the right-click > Frame Type > None procedure?

I agree with you totally Ronny. If a shape was created for the purpose of Poweclipping into, then surely there is more chance one might remove the contents and replace them with something else than simply remove them and leave the shape empty? Therefore, it would be more of a hassle to keep having to make the shape a Powerclip shape again than to, on rare occasions, make it not a Powerclip shape. I think people like to complain for the sake of it. I apologise if that offends anyone!

Best regards,
    Brian.

Ronny Axelsson
    but what I don't understand is why they apparently create and work with clips, and then decide to empty them.

Agree.

When I first start using X6, this issue has bothered me for a while, but soon I realize the reason behind.

Every other person must be perfect with/for me. If any thing annoys me it should be changed by the other. I won't change. Normal human tendency. It also includes me in some cases though not all fortunately. Big Smile. No offenses.

Ronny Axelsson
    I don't know, please enlighten me.

• In reply to Anand Dixit:

My concern is simple in this regard.  When powerclip is defined firstly the transform handles should have a different color to identify that it is defined as powerclip despite of x mark.   Then one should note that  the object is defined as powerclip and ready to place other objects. that's it.  No more hassle of x marks. 

regards

ram

• In reply to pkg_sriram:

pkg_sriram
    the transform handles should have a different color to identify that it is defined as powerclip

May sound like a good idea at first, except that then it would not be possible to see if it's a powerclip frame without selecting it first.

[edited by: Ronny Axelsson at 11:07 (GMT -5) on Fri, May 11 2012]

hi ronny, not necessary of this frame since before this x6 there is no such.  To be more precise i would say that colored powerclip transform handles should exist when first time defined with outlines have different colors to easy grasp (say individual segments have different colors) and afterwards any elements are placed inside, the transform colors only should exist to note that it is a powerclip (like symbols have a blue transfom colors) and segment colors will be removed to allow the user the define the interested thickiness and color.  Afterwards if it is completely removed of elements inside the powerclip then the defintion is lost and its a normal object.

thank q .  

• In reply to pkg_sriram:

pkg_sriram
    before this x6 there is no such.

The cross was introduced to make it easier to see if the object is prepared to hold powerclips.
    I can understand that it may be slightly disturbing if anyone wants to spread empty frames all around the drawing.
    The only real problem with it is that it prints and exports, which of course is a huge mistake. Hopefully this will be fixed with SP1.

Regarding your ideas:

Colored outlines, definitely not. That would be incredibly disturbing, and misleading too.
    Colored bounding box handles, maybe. But on the other hand, as soon as we select a powerclip we can read "PowerClip in Status Bar.
    Extra node, bigger, at one corner. No. Even more disturbing than the "X", and if it was blinking, I'd go crazy. :-)

[edited by: Ronny Axelsson at 2:52 (GMT -5) on Mon, May 14 2012]

I can say this x  is only for powerclip identification purpose. Even more precise this sort of feature not required.  I can say there should be tool, such as powerclip placer in the toolbox, using this tool any one the selected elements can place inside any shape, and this exist and can place to as many as powerclips you want to create.  Thus simple and easier.  No more of X's