Malayalam font problem on CDR X6

Hi, 

I have a registered version of Corel DRAWx5. Recently I've downloaded X6 for trial. Only one word to describe the new version, "Exceptional". I can pointout many new features in X6 compare to X5. 

The problem is, I am using Malayalam fonts, Like ML-Kartika, ML-Indulekha etc. When I type (~nda) in malayalam the character is not coming. I've experienced the same issue in Illustrator and Indesign also. But I never got this problem in CorelDRAW's any version expect X6. I want to buy X6. Please help me to get rid of this problem. 

I think most of you are not familiar with this err. But people using malayalam font can help me.   

Parents
No Data
  • I found ML-Kartika on the web and gave it a try.

First, this font appears to be a very old font that expect the users to type latin character but instead of providing latin glyphs, it provides Malayalam glyphs.

I tried it in X5, X5, on my system, uses Arial Unicode instead of ML-Kartika when I type Malayalam characters. If I then select the string and apply ML-Kartika on it, then, everything becomes squares as expected because this font does not provide Malayalam character to glyph mapping.

X6 behave the same way than X5 over here.

Can you create a test .cdr file that works in X5 but not in X6 for you? I can try opening it here and see if there is a problem.

Thanks for your feedback.

Children