Problem with CorelDRAW on Windows 8

I updated my computer to Windows 8 and it gave me no option about wanting a clean install. It just went ahead and made a clean install. All my programs had to be reinstalled. When I reinstalled CorelDRAW, it gives me the message that my application status can not be verified, even though I am registered and I can see the listing in my account at Corel.com. I am, therefore, unable to update the program. It is so frustrating, because I bought the DVD with book and I have the original DVD. Now, I have trouble getting any help from CorelDRAW because they want money to answer any questions whatsoever. Can anyone please help me sort this problem out?

Parents
  • Was your X6 an upgrade version? If so, you need the serial number from your previous version to prove eligibility for the upgrade and you will presumably need that again whenever you reinstall. You may possibly also need the DVD or download from the qualifying release.

I've not yet tried installing X6 on windows 8, but that's all I needed to install in windows 7.

Reply Children