mouse zoom calibration problem, mouse zoom levels edit problem

I am horrified about how ...... COREL is !!! used X4 X5 X6 always the same problem !!!

- no way how to calibrate zoom levels , increments, call it how you like

- zooming 1% 5% 10% 25% 50% 100% 200% 400% 800% zooming level on MOUSE WHEEL
(same with or without shift !!!! )

- if you cant do things proper learn from adobe ... (if is propper is intuitive, if is intuitive I would not be here)

- shift + scroll = scroll  has no impact

- ctrl + scroll = moves left and right

- alt + scroll = moves up and down

!!!! pls dont write me usefull answers all you DIE HARD USERS !!! I use shift + scroll for fast zoom = not working, ctrl+scroll for slow scroll not working but  (ctrl is pressed and I scroll and the screen moves left and right) !!!!

where, how can I adjust the zoom in and zoom out speed

Parents
  • Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Corel uses a Linear calculation for zoom. Each "click" of the mouse is used to times two the amount of zoom that is shown in the zoom box on the tool bar. The default is say 100% one click in is 200% and one out is 50%. Sort of .... if you change the setting manually in the zoom box to say 16% multiples of this will be used for a while then eventually it defaults back to the 100% scale.

So to change the ratio thus the "speed / amount" of zoom from the wheel ( which just sends a 1 or 0 via the mouse driver to Corel) it would need a input box that you could set and save telling it what calculation you wanted to use for the zoom.  Not unlike what color is foreground or the width of a outline.

Property ActiveSpread As Spread

read-only

Member of CorelDRAW.Application

Returns the active page spread in the current document

Property Zoom As Double

Member of CorelDRAW.ActiveView

Gets or sets the zoom level of the active view

A quick look in the VBA editor shows there is some access to zoom. You might have to get to some Windows code to read the mouse wheel.  But it might be able to be done with a macro.

OR Corel could dig back into their old original code find out where the zoom multiplication happens change it to a jump to new code that let you set a box and return to the next line it was going to.

Of course this is the same way that they could fix a LOT of things people have complained of for YEARS AND YEARS.  Such as why won't PP really set the rulers to stay active even if there is a check box that does nothing . It obliviously doesn’t go anywhere or do anything. I'm surprised checking it doesn't crash Paint.  Personally I think much of the code is so old and the original programmers have all left that no one has a clue of what half of it really does.  Some one should have written on paper a BIG BOOK that sticky notes could have been stuck to telling those to come what was really going on with chunks of code.  Sometimes the old ways are still the best.  I’ve still got my x-acto knifes.

Reply Children
No Data