Mural design

Hi

I'm designing Murals and have it looking pretty cool, but for one problem.

How to I compensate for the spacing between the photo panels of the mural, when I'm using different size photo panels? I have compensated for the over-bleed" to print, that's no problem. But if you space the different size panels apart, after printing, the image goes out of line.

Thanks for the advice.

Parents
  • I would probably do that using powerclips.

In more detail:

• have a page size equal to that of the wall (or the part of it you intend to cover)
    • create a full size rectangle for each of the panels each with outline and no fill. Make the rectangles slightly larger to allow for bleed.
    • position them where you expect them to be
    • import your mural design to a new layer behind the rectangles
    • adjust the size of the mural and rectangle positions until you get the arrangement you want

You should now have something like this:

• Simultaneously select all the panel rectangles s and arrange > combine them
    • Go to tools > options > workspace > powerclip frame and make sure you do not have the auto-centre always option
    • Select everything on the mural layer and place as a powerclip into the combined rectangles.

You should then have a visual representation of your eventual result:

At this point you should be able to:

• Remove the outline colour
    • If you want to print the objects separately, select the powerclip and arrange > break apart to give separate power clips for each panel
    • Arrange as you need for printing -- probably on separate pages of the finished panel size, making sure you still have the bleed outside the panel.
Reply Children
No Data