Images move or shift apart when printing and/or publishing to PDF

Any time I put more than one image or tiff together in Corel and then print or publish it to PDF it moves or shifts those images apart from one another. I have taken 2 topographic maps (tiff files) and rotated, cropped and aligned them to one another so that they appear seamless. They look great in Corel and when I print them to a printer it comes out just as it appears in the corel file. It's when I want to publish or print the file to adobe PDF that this problem occurs. The images are no longer aligned as they are in the corel file and there is a gap between them. If I group the images and convert them to 1 bitmap the problem goes away but I do not want to do this because I need to be able to use the files individually. Also because when converting to bitmap the file because huge. This has never been a problem until I started using Corel 6.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Parents
No Data
  • Taking the last point first, I would not expect converting two or more bitmaps to a single bitmap to significantly increase the file size, unless you are converting them at a higher resolution or bit depth than they were previously.

To be certain, I just tested this in X6 with a file containing two 560 dpi RGB images. This saved to approx 9Mb. I then selected the two images, converted them to a single bitmap with settings of 560dpi RGB and resaved the file. The size was still approx 9Mb. So, I think you need to retest this, ensuring that the resolution and bit depth are close to that of the original images.

That said, if it is not convenient to need to join the images then that is not the best solution.

Now, I am wondering how your tiles were "rotated, cropped and aligned". My first thought here would be that if you rotated and cropped each tile separately, then it might be more accurate to crop and align the tiles without rotating them first, and then make a group from the tiles and rotate the group. This is just a feeling, but may be worth trying.

Next, I'm wondering if you have object hinting on. This will I think cause each bitmap to snap to the pixel grid -- which could in theory cause one image to move 0.4 pixels to the left and the next bitmap to move 0.4 pixels to the right, therefore creating a 0.8 pixel gap.

If there are no clues in the above, it would help if you can post an example CDR file for examination -- either by uploading it (using a rich text reply) or, if the file is over 512Kb, by uploading to a public server such as dropbox and posting a link to it here.

Children
No Data